MarVista EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Reports to: Controller
Direct Reports: None
MarVista Entertainment, a full-service independent studio and distribution company is looking for a Senior Accountant with solid accounting skills who will excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with outstanding career growth opportunities. This position is responsible for performing technical accounting research, analysis and general ledger accounting functions.
• Prepares journal entries and supporting documentation in accordance with US GAAP for each month-end close.
• Researches applicable accounting guidance to document and conclude on proper accounting treatment of unique contracts and business transactions.
• Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure account balances are properly recorded and supported.
• Assists with residuals reporting.
• Assists with treasury functions, including cash management, debt service, and foreign exchange transactions.
• Assists in the development and improvement of accounting processes.
• Assists with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary.
• Prepares internal control documentation for areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 2+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience with ASC 605 and 606 new revenue recognition and/or ASC 926 Film accounting a plus.
• Exceptional attention to detail, flexible and dependable.
• Proactive seeker of learning and growth opportunities.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Collaborative team member who offers support to others.
• Entertainment industry experience a plus.
• Sage Intacct experience a big plus.
• Residuals experience a big plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online