Marvel Television, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an Attorney to join Marvel Studios' legal affairs team in Burbank, California. The position will be given a high level of responsibility on various matters related to Marvel Studios' theatrical motion pictures with a particular focus on theatrical motion picture production work.
The Counsel will have the opportunity to be the primary legal contact on certain theatrical motion pictures produced by Marvel. The Counsel will also work on talent deals and agreements. In these capacities, the Counsel will work alongside and learn from more senior business affairs executives and attorneys on larger transactions and will have a chance to run relatively smaller transactions on a more independent basis. The Counsel's ability to provide legal counsel to production executives and other key stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner will be an important part of these responsibilities.
The Counsel position will also be expected to provide these same production executives and other key stakeholders with timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues involved in the production of our motion picture projects.
• Minimum of 1 year of significant legal experience in the entertainment industry (with a particular focus on production legal work) is preferred.
• Solid understanding of motion picture and television business and legal issues. Demonstrated capacity to keep current on emerging business and legal trends in motion picture and television industry.
• Superior drafting, negotiation, communication, and organizational skills. Experience drafting and negotiating live-action, motion picture contracts preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels and must understand role in overall department.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and present arguments to higher-level attorneys and (when and where appropriate) to clients to help shape strategic decisions made by those individuals.
• Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise level perspective.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple high-priority and high-volume projects.
• Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiastic attitude toward innovation in the entertainment business and legal affairs area.
• Ability to thrive in a hard-working, fast-paced, collegial, in-house environment is required.
• Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
• Admission to California State Bar Association (or Registered In-House Counsel) and law degree from an accredited law school.
• JD degree.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.