Senior Manager, Visual Effects Finance
Marvel StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Sr. Manager, Visual Effects Finance is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the financial and accounting aspects of the Visual Effects department. This role will work closely with Visual Effects Executives at Marvel Studios creating budgets, providing analysis, managing reporting, and guiding VFX accountants in the field. The Sr. Manager, Visual Effects Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in environments with high levels of confidentiality, and be able to provide quick and accurate analysis for a variety of complex and evolving Visual Effects challenges.
• Work with Marvel Studios Visual Effects and Production Finance executives to help source and hire Visual Effects
• accountants for Marvel Studios feature films and episodic television projects
• Provide procedural guidance to freelance Visual Effects accountants on issues such as funding, contracts and change orders, foreign currencies, tax incentives, reporting, and budget and cost analysis
• Standardize and implement VFX reporting, policies, and procedures across all Marvel Studios projects
• Work with VFX Executives to prepare budgets and provide ongoing cost and analysis.
• Work with Marvel Studios Legal assist with drafting and reviewing VFX vendor contracts
• Review weekly Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the respective VFX Producers and UPM's, Marvel VFX Executives, and Marvel Studios Finance Executives
• Manage weekly cost reports for projects without dedicated VFX accounting support
• Source, hire, and manage a small team of assistant production accountants responsible for AP, Payroll, etc. on Marvel Studios productions in early prep and after delivery
• Anticipate Visual Effects finance set up needs and work with various studio departments to implement systems and workflow
• Ad hoc reporting and special projects as needed
• 5 years of experience in Visual Effects, Post Production, or Production accounting on Feature Film or Television projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability are critical
• Must have excellent organizational skills, be flexible, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Production Accounting Software (PSL , Global Vista, SmartAccounting) and Movie Magic Budgeting a plus
• SAP knowledge/skills a plus
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.