Background Designer - Animation
Marvel StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/18/2022 5:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Background Designer - Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Background Designer - Animation postings
Full Time Job
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
The Background Designer will work closely with the production designer and art director to visually explore and design all aspects of a Feature Quality Animated TV series which may include sets, locations, props, visual effects, color and overall style.
• Collaborate with Directors to translate the creative vision from start to finish. This is done through the use of drawings and paintings (including rough sketches, cleaned up renderings, digital imagery).
• Create environment concepts, drawings, color scripts, color keys, lighting studies, mood paintings and production call out sheets.
• Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
• Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
• Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and saved appropriately.
• Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
• Be available for questions until your department's shipment is complete.
• If required, generate multiple views of environment and specific elements within it.
• Must exhibit a mastery of drawing, design, perspective, composition, painting, lighting and color theory.
• Must be comfortable working in a variety of styles, especially realistically proportioned style and scale.
• Areas of expertise to include one or more of the following: set/location/props design; special effects design, color keys.
• A solid understanding of 2D to 3D translations and hands-on use of 2D or 3D tools in your design process is helpful.
• Able to creatively problem solve.
• S trong time management skills.
• The ability to work well in a fast paced production environment under pressure.
• Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team player with a can-do attitude.
• Working knowledge of software and hardware including Photoshop, Cintiq. Knowledge of Maya is a plus but not required.