Sr Core Developer Film Production Technology -Python / Pyqt, C / C
Marvel EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
***This position is for development related to film production*** Film, Gaming, VR, VFX, AR, DI
The Software Development team at Marvel Studios is looking for a Sr Core Developer. This team and the larger technology department have a mission to seamlessly aid in the success of some of the most epic stories ever told.
The Sr Core Developer will design, develop, configure, and maintain centralized systems used for key production workflows throughout the company and interfacing with vendors. Responsible systems could possibly include, but would not be limited to: Review and Dailies Pipeline, Production and Central Databases, Shotgun, Show API, Color Pipeline and workflow, Image Processing tools, Render process development, Web Development platforms, Software Environment Management and Repositories, JiRA administration, and Signiant integration.
As a supplemental set of tasks, this developer will analyze existing production and technology workflows looking for time optimizations and workflow improvements. This Developer will also create new workflow tools and corresponding best practices that compliment both the production requirements and the appropriate technology platforms. They may be asked to help with other areas as resources are needed such as pre-production data workflows, vfx tools, stereo pipeline, and post production collaboration between all departments and vendors.
• Create libraries in a variety of languages that form the core pipeline of the studio.
• Deliver tools that ease software maintenance and deployment.
• Participate in code design and code reviews within the software department.
• Package and deploy third party tools like Qt, Python, OIIO, OCIO, Nuke, and RV.
• Provide support for tools and systems that support hundreds of production users and vendors.
• Learn about new technologies and techniques that will improve the production quality of life.
• 7 years experience developing within a film, commercial, or similar production environment
• Very strong experience developing in Python/PyQt and C/C for tools and libraries
• Production and Development management software (Filemaker, Shotgun, JIRA, )
• Managing projects within and administration of source control systems (svn or git)
• Experience developing across multiple platform environments (Linux, Windows, and OS X)
• Strong user-facing skills, with the ability to understand and react to changing user requirements
• Capacity to perform in a fast-paced, time constrained environment
• Knowledge of production and post production workflows and challenges
• Production application experience, such as Nuke and RV
• Postgres, MySQL, or similar enterprise level database interface development
• Experience in a variety of web development platforms
• Plugin development for third-party applications
• Familiarity with renderfarm software and customization
• Unit testing frameworks like py.test
• Static source code analysis like Valgrind or Pylint
• Collaboration on open source projects (OIIO, OCIO, OpenTimelineIO, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.