Senior Devops Engineer
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will work with a top-notch Engineering and Application Security teams building the engine, which powers Marvel's successful online businesses.
This position will assist in formulating infrastructure strategy, working with vendors, developing monitoring and reporting standards, and managing infrastructure vendor relationships --all while keeping a laser-focus on costs and security.
You will be responsible for availability, scalability, and risk mitigation while working closely with Marvel's product team on web and mobile products used by millions of users a month. You will drive infrastructural redesigns and support the group in managing current technologies and build methodologies. This position is responsible for maintaining security controls and conducting vulnerability assessments against web applications and server infrastructure.
• Develop and design tools to instrument and alert on potential problems and on-going projects
• Own availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency for the team's web services
• Manage relationships with 3rd party infrastructure partners
• Deploy and maintain automated scanning of various Marvel properties, including validating findings and driving remediation
• 1st point of contact for in-house software engineering team to implement and manage server and infrastructure requests
• Support of web and mobile applications in a LAMP environment maintaining uptime while fielding escalations on off hours
• Responsible for the architecture, deployment, and support of a Continuous Integration and Deployment strategy for the Digital Media and Interactive team
• Ability to deftly and clearly communicate with the technology team and to non-technical members organization
• Design strategies for security monitoring of existing systems and new ones as they are introduced
• Mentor DevOps and Application Engineers
• Extensive experience managing Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
• Experience with fluid virtual infrastructures (AWS, OpenCloud, Rackspace Managed Cloud Services)
• Extensive knowledge of LAMP infrastructures including bash/shell scripting, filtering Apache/MySQL logs for analysis, and monitoring server performance using open source tools (Nagios)
• Strong knowledge of network protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSL as well as top-level knowledge of Network infrastructure devices (firewalls, Loadbalancers)
• Working experience with code repositories (SVN, Git) alongside Software Engineering processes like Agile
• Experience using with Release Management tools (Jenkins)
• Scripting experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
• Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
• Experience with scripting and programming languages (PHP, Ruby, PorwerShell, Golang)
• Demonstrated experience on high-traffic websites for improving performance, employing best security practices, and ensuring scalability
• Creative, strategic and critical thinker with a high attention to detail
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
• 5 years' experience designing, executing and supporting highly scalable solutions and applications.
• Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
• Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated systems to management and other IT development partners.
• The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.