Production and Facilities Security Manager
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Marvel Television is seeking a Production and Facilities Security Manager to join our organization supporting corporate and production staff at our location in Brooklyn, New York. This position will provide TV production security and facility support in all matters related to physical security.
• Work in partnership with Marvel Entertainment as the security authority to the Vice President of Production and their team to protect the integrity and security of Marvel's intellectual properties, productions, and facilities
• Provide leadership, guidance and enforcement of Content Protection and Security policies at all times during productions, on/off set and in all physical locations
• Oversee the security deployment, maintenance and monitoring of all buildings, offices, stages and warehouses that Marvel Television occupies for our various productions
• Proactively initiate security communications and preventative measures to staff and transient production members – including signage, ad hoc meetings, Background temp ID, and security memos
• Manage access control systems functionality and oversight of the CCURE card access system inclusive of distribution and collection of access cards at production or employee termination
• Oversee key management and inventory of facility keys and Multi-Lock systems, inclusive of distribution and collection of keys at production or employee termination in the WASP key management system.
• Management of Trilogy Lock systems, including operational reliance, maintenance and updates of access codes
• Management of CCTV systems at all facilities, including system verification, operational reliance, maintenance, and data retention policies
• In conjunction with UPM's and Production Teams Procurement, assignment and oversight of all contracted guards for all shows and facilities
• Participate in personnel and building safety planning and implementation projects
• Hiring, training and supervision of all Security Production Assistants
• Provide security awareness training and policy requirements at show kick-off meetings for cast, crew and management
• Proactively increase awareness and knowledge of facility and production security
• Obtain and review daily activity and security coverage reports from Security Production Assistants (PA's).
• Escalate significant security issues to Marvel Executive Management and the Independent Security Consultant.
• Secure proposals for facility and security services on an as-needed basis and provide to Marvel Executive Management and the Independent Security Consultant for review prior to execution
• Demonstrate ''outside the box'' thinking and approach to improve security through new technologies that may be available
• Update physical security policies, security operations, and security training manuals working in conjunction with the Director of Security and the Independent Security Consultant.
• Manage security technology projects such as video surveillance, access control systems, security platforms, and alarm systems
• Continually look for opportunities to leverage technology to streamline processes and improve security, while working in close partnership with IT, Content Security teams and the Independent Security Consultant.
• Participate in physical security site risk assessments of all offices to identify vulnerabilities and develop risk mitigation strategies. Implement regular assessments and drills on physical security systems, procedures and processes.
• Liaise with vendors and internal partners to identify, report, and remediate risks related to content security
• Support all aspects of the security assessments, including planning, fieldwork, and reporting
• Assist with physical security planning and execution at various local events, including but not limited to red carpet premiers, screenings, etc.
• Occasionally work non-standard shifts and/or on-call to support the requirements of the organization
• Travel will be required. Candidate must have a reliable means of transportation
• Security focused with strong written and verbal communication skills
• 5 years of physical security experience. (TV production experience a plus)
• Problem solving/decision making skills including conflict and resolution
• Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily
• Proactive risk identification, mitigation and escalation
• Must have a valid security guard license to operate in the State of New York
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.