Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Fashion oriented professional who can plan, direct and implement all aspects of merchandising and product development with softlines licensees.
• Mange SKU development from a product / creative and fiduciary point of view. Must have the ability to build collections from the ground up. Knowledge of the product development process in multiple soft lines categories.
• Approver of licensee designs in Brand assurance system.
• Build relationships with licensee's creative teams. Maintain the day to day business of your assigned categories.
• Responsible for developing and achieving overall financial goals to support division business plan.
• Communicate industry/market trends and competitive information to help take advantage of market/product/sales opportunities.
• Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and be process driven.
• Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Excel necessary
• Knowledge of Marvel brand preferred
• 4-7 years plus years merchandising experience working in a retail or wholesale environment specializing in soft lines, domestics, and/or footwear
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record with design and collateral implementation
• The ability to multi-task
• Exceptional attention to detail and meeting strict deadlines are essential
Our ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree in Marketing or Fashion Merchandising.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.