Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/9/2019 11:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Merchandising Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Merchandising Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Merchandising Designer? Job Summary:
We are seeking a forward thinking, innovative, and inspired designer who is enthusiastic about working in character licensing. You will produce outstanding designs in the soft lines, accessories, and footwear categories that are innovative and fresh. Experience in all age classifications and genders required.
• Inspire licensees make better product that feels on trend and salable.
• Create timelines and balance your workload and know when to make shifts.
• Come up with original and new ideas
• Understand and communicate the latest fashion trends
• Ensure appropriate level of style & fashion is infused in all creative work consistent with the brand & target audience
• Approve licensee product in Marvel / Disney systems
• Intimate with the Marvel / Disney / Pixar brands
• Can work with multiple people and be a team player
• Minimum of 5-7 years' experience creating high level design for company in character license
• Essential to be extremely organized and detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Should be comfortable performing well under pressure
• Required to be an expert in the Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Possess strong typography skills and knowledge of contemporary design
• Keen eye for color
• Strong sense of fashion and/or apparel industries
• Artistic background as well as business acumen
BA / BS in related field
Portfolio will be required either samples of work or digital portfolio.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.