Marvel EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2020 1:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Clearances jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Clearances postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Clearances? Job Summary:
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
Marvel Studios is seeking a seasoned Manager Clearances to advise both film and streaming productions on clearance matters related to intellectual property issues, personal rights and license agreements. The Manager reads and analyzes scripts and research reports to identify potential clearance issues and ensure appropriate clearance of names and places, dialogue, artwork, props, costumes, photographs, film/TV clips and stock footage. The Manager will negotiate agreements with outside parties controlling rights to proprietary material used within studio content.
The Manager will advise and work closely with production staff (e.g. Producers, Writers, Production Designers, Set Decorators, Prop Masters, Costumers, Editors, Visual Effects Supervisors) in obtaining necessary clearances and alerting of potential risks. In connection therewith, this position will also review dailies, rough and final cuts of films and streaming productions, websites, bonus content, BTS/EPK materials, interviews, bloopers, deleted scenes, trailers, TV spots, social marketing campaigns and other marketing materials, commercial tie-ins and consumer products.
The Manager Clearances must be flexible in their approach and adaptable to ever-changing creative and business needs taking on the above mentioned responsibilities under minimal supervision of the department's Director.
• Review scripts and related research in preparation of detailed reports summarizing potential clearance issues and necessary next steps. Maintain and distribute a weekly status report.
• Throughout preproduction / production/ post production, track and handle all requests from production for use of graphics/artwork/photographs/props/set dressing/wardrobe/stills/sculptures/footage, etc.
• Manage all third party clearance requests. Secure necessary licenses and or permissions via boilerplate forms and protocols.
• Analyze proposed costume designs, concept art and graphics. Elevate for additional intellectual property review as needed.
• Advise productions on clearance matters related to intellectual property, personal rights and fair use. Must be comfortable reviewing IP issues and assessing risk.
• View dailies and screenings to ensure compliance with clearance instructions and studio protocol.
• Coordinate and communicate with internal studio groups (e.e., project attorneys, labor relations, casting administration, consumer products, music clearances and screen credits).
• Minimum 5 years of production clearance experience at a major studio prefered. Knowledge of copyright, trademark, right of publicity, fair use and other legal concepts.
• Strong critical thinking skills and judgement with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently
• Outstanding written and verbal skills
• Proficient in autonomously prioritizing work and managing deadlines in a very fast paced environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, 5th Kind
• Excellent organizational and records management skills
• Flexible amid an ever changing and growing environment
• BA/BS required
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.