Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
With growth in all areas of the Marvel business, there has been an increased need for Creative assets. To meet this demand, Marvel Global Creative Services is seeking a Junior/Entry Level Designer to help with development of Style Guides, Promotional Art Packs, Retail Development, Research & Visual Development of new & emerging properties and day-to-day requests.
• Source or create a high volume of unique graphic designs.
• Must be able to design on trend graphics for multiple properties and age demographics.
• Must have the ability to define trends and understand how Marvel ties into product and design.
• Must have the core talent of designing balanced graphics that are appropriate for a range of products.
• Must have the ability to research, procure and manage a large catalog of archived artwork from across the company.
• Need to have the ability to translate Marvel characters and stories into successful graphic designs.
• Must have key corporate competencies: to be resourceful, to be a team player, have strong communication skills, willingness to learn, be nimble and take chances.
• Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects, time lines and communicate across teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have the ability to manage, present and articulate design direction for internal and external partners.
• Meet deadlines in a professional manner.
• Apparel or licensed product experience is a plus.
• 1-3 years' experience in graphic design and product development desired.
• Advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote and InDesign required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs (word, excel, ppt)
• Able to work independently and set personal work priorities,
• Interest in Fashion, Graphics, Textiles and Trend is desired.
• Elevated taste level and knowing how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filters.
• High level of interest in Marvel and previous Marvel brand experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of the product and creative development process.
• Strong ability to collaborate with peers and supervisor.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• People oriented team player.
• Drawing and Illustration skills are a plus.
• Not required, but knowledge of 3-D programs and video editing a plus.
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience in related field.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.