Fall Intern - Social Media / Editorial
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Social Media/Editorial intern at Marvel New Media in New York, NY will assist the Marvel.com editorial and social media department with all needed tasks, the development of creative assets, and more.
• Assist the social media and Marvel.com teams in all aspects, including content creation, project organization, page moderation, strategy, and more, including:
• Brainstorm and attend meetings to assist with strategy and provide creative ideas
• Help with content creation, scheduling, and organization
• Monitor and occasionally moderate discussions on Marvel social media pages
• Research Marvel history and dialogue for weekly content
• Assist in photo and video shoots
• Gather and chart analytics and social media metrics for reporting
• Transcribe interviews and edit text
• Basic understanding of and interest in the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and meeting tight deadlines
• Writing and grammar skills
• Possession of a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• Resourcefulness, and experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
• Photography and skills a plus
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Must be enrolled in college or university, ideally pursuing a degree in Communications, Writing, or closely related program
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
• Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program student status by arrival date is preferred
• Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Program Dates: The internship will start in September - December with flexibility as needed based on academic calendars.
Housing & Transportation: This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.