Fall Intern - Print Production
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Print Production Interns perform quality control for all printed materials, including, but not limited to, comics, trade paperbacks, and hard cover books. Maintaining the quality of our printed materials is extremely important, so a keen eye for detail is a must. Throughout this internship you will learn the ins and outs of all aspects of quality control, especially in regards to our comic books.
Quality control is one of the most important aspects of this position: our intern will be trained to check for printing flaws, to communicate any flaws to the vendors, and to assist in resolving any issues. Interns are also responsible for generating and updating reports using Excel, archiving and maintaining tracking worksheets, distributing material to the staff, and organizing printed materials.
• Available for 14 hours per week, split between 2-5 days
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate efficiently through e-mail
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be responsible and organized
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
• Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Program Dates: The internship will start in September - December with flexibility as needed based on academic calendars.
Housing & Transportation: This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.