Fall Intern - Original Programming
Marvel EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Fall Intern - Original Programming , Marvel Television
We are looking for a qualified intern to join Marvel Televisions' Original Programming team, this upcoming Fall 2019 semester. The Original Programming Department includes 3 departments; development, production, and post-production process of all our live-action slate.
- Read, evaluate and analyze incoming submissions (script coverage).
- Assist with the creation of production shooting schedules and character breakdowns.
- Create and maintain department specific spreadsheets, manuals and presentations.
- Maintain the department comic library through categorizing and organizing new comics.
- High-level professional correspondence, emails and agendas.
- Attend pre-production, production and post-production meetings.
- Appropriate phone and office etiquette and writing skills (grammar, spelling).
- Possess detailed follow-through skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint is a plus.
- Interest in Television Development, Production and/or Post-Production is a plus.
- Eager to learn.
- Privacy and confidentiality is a must.
- Two to Three day per week commitment.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
• Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program student status by arrival date is preferred
• Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Program Dates: The internship will start in September - December with flexibility as needed based on academic calendars.
Housing & Transportation: This internship is located in Los Angeles, CA. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.