Fall Intern - Dev & Current Series Animation
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We are looking for a qualified intern to join our Current Series team for the Fall 2019 semester. Our executives oversee all series produced by the studio that are currently airing, including Marvel Rising Projects, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Marvel's Black Panther's Quest. In addition to assisting in development tasks, interns work closely with coordinators running the Marvel HQ YouTube channel. We are seeking an intern who is interested in learning about the story and scripting process of television animation, as well as the maintenance of a branded YouTube channel.
PLEASE NOTE that this is not a drawing, animation, or design internship.
Responsibilities include tracking character and tech appearances in episodes, updating casting databases for current and past series, updating writer episode database, creating casting sides for use in voice over auditions, Marvel database research for characters and locations, coverage of reception desk, pulling animated clips for our YouTube channel, graphics and video editing for our YouTube channel, and general office duties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Premiere Pro required, other programs a plus)
- Interest in Animation
- Base knowledge of Marvel properties and storytelling
- Willingness to learn and hardworking attitude
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Must be enrolled in college or university, ideally pursuing a degree in film, animation, communications, or media studies.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
• Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program student status by arrival date is preferred
• Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Program Dates: The internship will start in September - December with flexibility as needed based on academic calendars.
Housing & Transportation: This internship is located in Glendale, CA. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Animation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.