Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Marvel New Media is seeking an Associate Producer who will be tasked with the producing and editing in-house, field, promotional, and branded content projects that will be distributed on all Marvel and social media platforms. This full-time, New York-based role will work closely with a team of producers, as well as the development, social, and editorial departments. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in live production, video editing and producing experience.
• Conceive, write, edit and produce videos for Marvel's digital platforms.
• Set up shoots in the field, at conventions/events, and in our New York shoot spaces; assisting with pre-production logistics and post-production editing and workflow.
• Work as part of a collaborative team, and take direction as needed to fulfill project needs.
• Generate, track and report on production schedules and budgets for assigned projects and events.
• Serve as a shooter in the field and in our internal shoot spaces as needed.
• Collaborate with New Media departments on production initiatives.
• Maintain relationships with other Marvel lines of business.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in video content production, including producing, shooting, and editing. Short-form, digital, social, and/or news experience is required.
• Comfortable producing for branded and sponsored content campaigns.
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
• Proficient in the use of broadcast equipment, cinema style cameras, studio and field lighting, and audio recording devices.
• Must be able to work independently, under close direction, or in a team environment.
• Willingness to take initiative, manage simultaneous projects and to follow through on all work.
Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.