Assistant Manager, Talent Payments
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The ideal candidate will be part of a team that manages talent payments from the publishing and digital comics industry under tight deadlines. The candidate must have strong communication skills and must manage a flow of information between multiple departments.
• Create hundreds of assignments on a daily basis
• Constantly update and create necessary/requested changes.
• Updates talent's rates and information.
• Tracks important dates for the Talent Payment Department and Legal for other payment events.
• Preserve the data integrity within the Talent Payment Systems and report on any incongruities.
• Address any discrepancies between Editorial or Talent Payment during analysis.
• Keep detailed notes of any changes to projects
• Proactively review assignments with Editorial and Talent Management.
• Provide reporting that will facilitate assignment tracking
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
• Some proficiency with oracle but not required.
• Bachelor's degree
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.