Supervising Director - Marvel Animation
Marvel Animation, Inc.Urbank, CA
Full Time Job
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories. Marvel Studios Animation is hiring!
We are currently seeking a Supervising Director on an animated series. As part of Marvel Studios Animation's ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we seek to amplify underrepresented voices and untold stories as well as championing the importance of accurate representation in animation.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
• Collaborate with Creative Producer(s), fellow Show Runner(s), Writer(s) and Line Producer to discuss creative ambitions and producibility of the series, elevating and ultimately maintaining the creative vision, from development through final episode delivery
• Not limited to, supervising storyboards, animatics, animation, visual effects
• Manage and direct a team of episodic directors and storyboard artists
• Manage animatics at all stages of the episode including animatic pitches, revisions, and lock
• Oversee revisions and provide notes ongoing to ensure the style and vision for the show is maintained
• Lead all storyboard handouts with the episodic directors by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Storyboard team
• Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions
• Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed
• Review animatics with Animatic Editors to direct pacing
• Review and note all stages of animation to ensure creative vision and quality
• Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
• Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
• Mentor and support the Storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale
• Previous experience as a Showrunner, Supervising Producer, Supervising Director preferred
• 3 years of experience as an Episodic Director working in television animation
• 5 years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation
• Prior Storyboard Directing experience
• Bachelor degree preferred
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.