Margarita MixSanta Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Search for VFX Coordinator jobs in Santa Monica-CA
FotoKem's is a sophisticated post-production environment providing dailies, finishing, VFX, and color grading for top studio and
independent features and episodic productions. Margarita Mix Santa Monica, is a FotoKem Company that is a legendary voiceover, ADR, and VFX facility. Our clientele includes A-list talent and award winning teams. Our company culture, work environment and years of successful growth demonstrate that we breed innovation and creativity.
Margarita Mix Santa Monica is seeking a VFX Production Coordinator to join our existing VFX team, primarily in our
Feature Film Division, with some assistance to TV/Episodic. The VFX Coordinator works closely with the VFX Producer, VFX Project Supervisor, and digital artist teams, to ensure the work is complete our contracted work by established project deadlines.
This is mainly a media management position, tracking shot progress from ingest to export, tracking client and internal notes, and communicating with the team accordingly. The VFX Coordinator must be able to work well in a team environment, while maintaining a positive, supportive attitude.
• You will be supporting the Producer & VFX Supervisor, who are ultimately responsible for the project as a whole.
• Organize/Schedule internal VFX review sessions and internal project meetings, ensuring work is being reviewed, approved, and completed in a timely manner.
• Organize/Schedule and setup necessary media for client review sessions (i.e. via cinesync or other media sharing platform).
• Manage ShotGrid (our VFX Shot Database) to ensure statuses, scope of work, task assignments, and internal or client notes are kept up to date. (Artists rely on this database for their daily work so this is very important.)
• Manage and Submit the Weekly Status Report (WSR) (i.e. a document reflecting current shot status, submitted to the client each week.)
• Ensure teams are clear on daily delivery objectives, alerting VFX Producers and Supervisors if there are any hold-ups or issues.
• Coordinate and package shot deliveries to client, including submission documentation.
• Take detailed notes during meetings, recording all VFX shot/project related notes (be they from clients, dailies, rounds or cinesyncs) and distribute these to the team in a timely manner (via email or posting to ShotGrid).
• Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects effectively.
Requirements - Experience and Skills
• Highly organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills.
• Demonstrated project management experience, with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate positively and work effectively among teams across sites.
• Ability to work with discretion and respect for confidentiality.
• Availability and willingness to work some overtime, especially as deadlines approach.
• Ability to assess, evaluate and understand requirements through thorough questioning.
• Willingness to speak up if you need help or need more time to complete a set task.
• We look for proactive and personable team players.
• Remuneration commensurate with experience.
• Experience within the film industry.
• Established software knowledge.
• Familiarity with visual effects terminologies and processes, including: asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, fx, lighting and compositing.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office package (including word, excel).
• Experience with ShotGrid.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this posting should not be considered as all-inclusive. Additional functions or requirements may be assigned by management, as deemed appropriate.
Work Environment & Activities
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• May be required to lift up to 30 pounds
FotoKem is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.