Assistant Online Editor
Margarita MIxHollywood, CA
The Assistant Online Editor will assist Online Editors and Colorists in preparation of projects for color correction, assist in data management, and assist in online editing (chroma keying, tracking, blurring, and object removals) and assist in finishing projects for delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive Projects from clients, transfer media to Nexis/SAN, prepare AAFs for colorists, and clean up sequences for online editors
- Comfortable and enthusiastic to work on different project types including scripted and unscripted television, documentary, commercials, features, and more
- Run and Troubleshoot Non-Linear Editing Systems in a networked environment (Avid Media Composer/Adobe Premiere Pro/Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve) via NEXIS and SAN
- Comfortable with offline to online workflows (consolidating, transcoding, and uprezzing), and handling multiple resolutions/color spaces
- Confidence to work in front of, interact, and address notes from high profile clients in the same room while operating NLE systems including data management, editing, rendering, exporting, and more.
- Create, Manage, and Delete Avid NEXIS and SAN workspaces with confidence.
- Calmly manage multiple projects from multiple producers and clients with success
- Adapt to, learn, and recognize current and new post production finishing workflows
- Ability to interact with multiple personality types, decipher their needs/questions, and accomplish goals without continuous supervision.
- Comfortable using and learning 3rd party plugins: BorisFX Continuum, Sapphire, Mocha, and more
- And also willing to openly learn and adapt to the ever changing post production workflows.
Lifting client drives/RAIDs, using mouse and/or tablets for extended time periods, and more
The responsibility and duties of the Assistant Online Editor are not limited to the above and may include other duties as required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online