Intern - Social Media, Rock Band
Man Shaped WolfLondon, UK
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Social Media for emerging Rock Band
We are looking for a hungry, talented and innovative social media and marketing specialist to assist and gain experience in running an emerging band in the heart of London' social media output. As well as recording and feeding back on potential leads for new clients and potential leads as they arise.
We are looking for creatives, individuals with ideas, and students interested in narratives to help with our active social media campaigns.
- Creating aesthetically pleasing templates for our social media
- Staying abreast of best practices regarding new social media platforms, and trends in the industry.
- Track the success garnered through social media, and use the information to better inform marketing strategies.
- Post content with the aim of growing following, engagement and fan retention.
- COVID-19 Will make it hard for us to meet up for a coffee and update on progress, so an independent work ethic is very desirable and we can liaise over zoom etc.
-Creating aesthetically pleasing templates for our social media
-Monitoring Google alerts to find good content
-Scheduling regular posts every week
-Participating in meetings/ catch ups, with ideas for content, copy and design
• Must have a high technical aptitude working with Internet, software applications, and web research.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, multi-task abilities, and a team-player attitude.
• Music industry background preferred.
• Must be very knowledgeable working different social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• (Desirable) Experience with updating websites is very much desirable.
This is a perfect role for someone looking to find their feet in social media marketing and the music industry. We are a tight and passionate team, working hard to see our talent succeed.
The experience, ownership and growth to be had over the project is the major compensation for the role, and as the role progresses monetary remunerations will certainly be up for review. If you are London based you will have free tickets for any event the band are performing or are involved in, as well as free coffee when we meet up to update and consider strategies.
Man Shaped Wolf are a 4 piece 'Rip-current Pulse Rock' band based in the heart of London.
Performing their high energy original music the band have met with great enthusiasm from critics and fans alike:
''it's genuinely difficult to draw comparisons with other bands (and almost as challenging to define the genre of the band). I hear Hendrix-like guitar lines, Chic disco-rhythm parts and some Zeppelin in the overall passion and raw feel of the production. These guys are a genuinely exciting prospect!'' -Down The Front Magazine.
''All at the top of their game. A unique blend of excitement!'' -Rock Magazine
Very passionate, strong brand aesthetic and willing to engage. The band have an excellent reputation and are looking to build on this, with your help!
The bands music is available on all major platforms, incl: Spotify, Itunes, Amazon Music, Soundcloud etc.
with a new music video coming too, (trailer available).
- Explain your relevant education and experience (with links) to campaigns you have been involved in.
- Your interest in and ability in engaging with a competitive and convoluted field.
- A little bit about yourself, what are you aiming for?
- (Desirable not essential) Have a look at the band's Instagram @manshapedwolf and detail any initial thoughts, strategies you might have so we can get a feel for your style. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online