Paid Intern - AllStar Week Volunteer
Major League Baseball / Colorado RockiesDenver, CO
This was removed by the employer on 4/29/2021 6:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - AllStar Week Volunteer jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Paid Intern - AllStar Week Volunteer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paid Intern - AllStar Week Volunteer? Major League Baseball and the Colorado Rockies will play host to the 91st MLB All-Star Game in July. The All-Star Volunteer role will help oversee the All-Star Week Volunteer Program. All Star Week Volunteer interns will be expected to work a 5-day work week as well as extended hours and a few weekends as needed from May 2021 – July 2021. Interns will be employees of MLB and will work closely with Colorado Rockies staff.
-Develop and maintain volunteer database and manage and operate the Volunteer Management System
- Monitor volunteer registration through the Volunteer Management System
- Responsible for the development and set up of all the volunteer opportunities and description in the Volunteer Management System for registration and scheduling
- Respond to all e-mail and phone call inquiries and questions regarding volunteering
- Serve as the main day to day contact with all volunteers
Volunteer Selection & Scheduling
- Work with All-Star Week Volunteer Coordinators to organize the volunteer informational meeting held at Coors Field including logistics, staffing and screening process
- Prepare an online information session
- Will work on the Volunteer Management System to do all of the communications and scheduling for the volunteers for all volunteer opportunities.
- Prepare and print out all volunteer schedules and descriptions
- Prepare volunteer packets for both the informational meetings and orientation
- Work with All-Star Week Volunteer Coordinators to organize the volunteer orientation-including logistics, staffing etc.
- Work at volunteer headquarters (convention center ) to assist with scheduling and scheduling changes and any assistance Volunteer Coordinator needs
- Prepare volunteer lists for each assignment for each day
- Sign in volunteers each day
- Manage Volunteer Management System during All-Star Week
- Create a return volunteer list
Post Event Responsibilities
- Compile all files and send them to MLB for reference for the following year
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• Completion of a minimum two years in an accredited four-year college degree program or a combination of education and relevant experience
• Degree in Sports Administration and/or Event Management strongly preferred
• Must be available to work a 5-day work week (including extended hours a few weekends as needed) for the duration of this assignment
• Prior experience as a Sports Event volunteer/organizer is preferred
• Excellent time management, interpersonal, verbal and written communications, organization skills and extreme attention to detail
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and respond to strict deadlines
• Strong Computer Skills -- expert in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
-$14.77 per hour. This is a temporary status position not eligible for company benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.