Talent Acquisition Specialist
Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist works with the Director of HR & Talent Development and the Manager of Talent Acquisition to recruit the best talent for the studio; and collaborates with HR and the rest of the Talent Acquisition team to coordinate new hire orientation and onboarding. In collaboration with their team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will find new and creative ways to source talent, and will support the entire recruitment process.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Posting new positions on various websites, ensuring their accuracy. Working with the Manager, Talent Acquisition and Hiring Managers to clarify job requirements.
• Supporting the ongoing development in branding for recruitment purposes with Job Postings, Swag / Booth Materials, Social Media posts etc.
• Attending career fairs and portfolio shows as a representative of Mainframe Studios. Support and build ongoing relationships with industry colleagues and educational institutions.
• Screening candidate's resumes and conducting interviews for various roles including, but not limited to: Surfacing, Modeling, Rigging, Layout, Animation, Lighting, Production Technology, IT. etc.
• Maintaining strong communication with candidates throughout the entire recruitment process.
• Scheduling interviews for candidates with the appropriate hiring managers, and attending as needed.
• Conducting reference checks, negotiating offers, and preparing and sending offer letters.
• Conduct the initial phase of onboarding by notifying various internal parties of the new hire in a timely manner.
• Prepping the successful candidate with their new hire package, conduct orientation, and supporting HR in further onboarding, as needed.
• Assist HR in gathering required documents from new hires for Tax Credit purposes.
• Maintain the current Applicant Tracking Process, and assist in the implementation of new ATS software.
• Must be a knowledgeable and enthusiastic ambassador of Mainframe Studios.
• Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe Studios, that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Post secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources, Communications, Commerce, or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years recruiting experience, ideally hiring in the tech, animation and/or VFX industry.
• Proven experience with a high volume of open positions, and ability to perform under pressure
• Familiarity with the current employment legislation and immigration laws is required, as well as a solid understanding of the recruitment process and techniques.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• High energy with the ability to easily build rapport.
• Demonstrates a proactive approach to work.
• Extremely strong attention to detail.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude.
• Adaptable to change and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Practices attentive and active listening and is not afraid to ask questions.
• Shares information and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from others.
• Quick learner with a passion for entertainment and animation.
• Confident in public speaking.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
At Mainframe Studios, we're creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We've been doing this for 25+ years, and we're still going strong. We're lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We've partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we've established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online