Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for a Storyboard Revisionist to join us! This is a perfect opportunity for an artist who has a couple of projects under their belt and is passionate about drawing and translating the story into a visual medium. Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Under the leadership of the Storyboard Director, the Storyboard Revisionist uses designs to revise storyboard panels based on notes provided.
• Cleans-up/modifies story panels that reflect the emotional, action and or comedic intent of a scene/sequence.
• May participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with story, emotional and comedic ideas.
• Able to compose shots and indicate screen direction and cutting for effective storytelling.
• Focuses on continuity from shot-to-shot in his or her assigned revision sequences in addition to collaborating with other story artists to ensure continuity from sequence to sequence.
• Depending on the project's requirements, the Storyboard Revisionist generates artwork ranging from thumbnails to digitally enhanced final storyboard panels.
• Collaborates with editorial to provide materials to be cut into the story reel.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director and/or Storyboard Director in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Strong drawing skills with the ability to capture character action, emotion and attitude through storyboard panels.
• Strong storytelling skills.
• Strong staging skills.
• Must show an aptitude for learning different styles depending on the project's requirements.
• Experience with digital storyboarding tools.
• Strong aptitude for verbal and visual presentation skills.
• Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
At Mainframe Studios, we're creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We've been doing this for 25+ years, and we're still going strong. We're lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We've partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we've established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online