Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2021 11:27:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Simulation Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Simulation Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Simulation Artist? WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We have several exciting opportunities for Simulation Artists to join our Production Technology team! Under the guidance of the Lead Simulation Artist and/or Simulation Supervisor, on a CG animated project, the Simulation Artist is responsible for creating secondary animation such as hair and cloth simulation.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for the setup of simulation assets within existing pipeline for hair and cloth. Also, the setup of prototype or development assets for testing of new procedures and workflows.
• Runs shots for hair and cloth, including tuning of shot attributes, custom shot setup and hair and cloth shot finaling.
• Takes direction and feedback from the Supervisor or Director in dailies to establish character look and movement.
• Devises and innovates methods of working with rigs, nCloth and dynamics that meet production requirements.
• Evaluates any issues that may arise in the setup of creatures and devises efficient solutions.
• Collaborates with the Animation Director in the testing of characters and provides timely solutions to problems that are discovered.
• Attends regular production and department meetings.
• Completes assignments on schedule.
• Supports and integrates the values of Rainmaker that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
• Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 1+ years of experience working in a professional environment within animation and/or production technology is required.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the study of motion and principles of rigging and animation.
• Production knowledge of Maya and nCloth.
• Intermediate knowledge of Shot / Shape Finaling and Deformations.
• Experience with various 3D packages. Knowledge of Linux preferred.
• Basic knowledge of CG Feature Animation.
• Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Lead, Supervisor and/or Studio CG Supervisor.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
• Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet or exceed department objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.