Shot Finaling Artist
Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for a Shot Finaling Artist for our next exciting series! Under the guidance of the Supervisor, the Shot Finaling Artist ensures that all assets are caching properly for final lighting and is responsible for making necessary fixes to geometry to resolve issues such as intersections and penetrations.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborates with other departments to resolve technical problems related to caching.
• Compares QuickTimes between approved Animation and generated caches to identify missing elements and intersection issues.
• Provides support and documentation for tools created.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor or Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Delivers assignments per project's schedule.
• Adheres to digital file managements protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Solid modeling skills and a strong sense of aesthetics.
• Proficiency in using Maya is required.
• Proficiency in Mental Ray and/or Renderman is an asset. Knowledge of Python is a plus.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Lead and/or Director /Supervisor.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively. Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Ability to deliver assignments on time that meet or exceed Shot Finaling objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
At Mainframe Studios, we're creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We've been doing this for 25+ years, and we're still going strong. We're lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We've partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we've established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online