Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Senior Designer - Barbie Series
WE WANT YOU (And your mad skills!)
Under the guidance of the Production Designer/Art Director, on a CG animated film, the Senior Designer creates conceptual artwork in both 2D and 3D including characters, sets, vehicles and/or props pending their area of expertise.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Under the leadership of the Production Designer/Art Director, the Designer creates designs that support the overall creative vision for the story based on the determined style of the project.
• Collaborates with Leads and/or Principals to explore visual development options that set the standards of creativity and complexity for the project.
• Provides feedback and support as necessary.
• Provides mentoring as necessary
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Art Director, Production Designer or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Collaborates with production management team to ensure the creation and completion of all design elements as introduced by story artists.
• Collaborates with modelers to test efficacy of 3D elements, modifying designs as required.
• Delivers assignments per project's schedule.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience preferred.
• 3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Highly creative, the Senior Designer is able to hone in on crafting a variety of visual development styles as required by the project.
• In-depth knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective and composition. Ability to create concept art depicting people, animals, fantastical creatures, props and environments. Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space.
• Extensive experience in drawing, illustration and/or painting is an asset.
• In-depth understanding of CG animation, particularly in modeling and rigging.
• High level proficiency using Photoshop is required. Working experience with After Effects, ZBrush, Corel Painter, Illustrator and Maya is considered an asset.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Proactively communicates production issues to supervisor.
• Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others.
• Incorporates feedback and direction received from Director/Supervisor.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members. Ability to mentor and train.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and pro-active.
• Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
• Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to fulfill design objectives with minimal revisions and deliver assignments on time.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
At Mainframe Studios, we're creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We've been doing this for 25+ years, and we're still going strong. We're lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We've partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we've established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online