Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Company Name: Mainframe Studios | A Division of WOW! Unlimited Media
Job Title: Rigging Artist
Wage Range: $30.29 - $43.27 / hr
Location of Work: Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: recruiting@mainframe. ca
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We have an exciting for Rigging Artists to join the team! Under the guidance of the Rigging Supervisor and/or Rigging Lead, the Rigging Artist will set up the articulation and deformation systems of characters, props and vehicles and present the Animators with systems that they can utilize to create animated magic. We need someone who is going to be hands on, jump right in and tackle any challenges.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Create advanced character rigs and develop innovative methods to meet project objectives.
• Collaborate with animation to come up with creative solutions to technical and performance related issues.
• Develop and maintain proprietary tools.
• Attend and contribute to regular production and department meetings.
• Test rigs to ensure they meet or exceed both technical and performance specifications.
• Develop new rig modules that adhere to the Mainframe pipeline requirements.
• Use tracking software to document the status of tasks and communicate with project team members.
• Provide estimates for rigging tasks and work with production to ensure schedules can be met.
• Identify and provide potential solutions for any potential problems early in production.
• Mentor more junior artists and help to nurture a creative and collaborative environment.
• Provide feedback to the modeling/surfacing department to ensure assets will meet deformation requirements.
• Keep up to date with the latest rigging techniques and trends.
• Complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Interact with colleagues, staff, partners and clients in a respectful and professional manner at all times.
• Support and integrate a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism, inspiration and other core values of Mainframe.
Qualifications and Skills
• 3+ years of rigging experience working in a professional environment.
• Degree and/or diploma in fine art or animation or equivalent work experience.
• Computer Science, Mathematics degree a plus.
• Previous experience working as an Animator is highly beneficial for this role.
• Expert in human and animal anatomy/motion including facial expressions and mouthshapes.
• Foundation in traditional art, a good eye for form, weight and movement.
• Strong understanding of animation principles, techniques and styles.
• Working knowledge of animation production pipelines.
• Working knowledge of Python and OOP.
• Strong technical and creative problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Expert at manipulating geometry through standard deformation techniques.
• Solid modelling skills and experience with corrective shape sculpting.
• Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas in a concise way.
• Practices active listening and incorporates feedback and direction received from Leads and Supervisors.
• Open to and encourages new initiatives, shares information and techniques with teammembers.
• Able to quickly adapt to changes in production and prioritize tasks.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Works well under pressure. Self¬-motivated and proactive.
• Consistently strives to expand knowledge base and improve skill set.
• Make decisions in a timely manner and accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Ability to deliver work on time and meet or exceed set performance objectives.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
• C++/Maya API a plus
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online