Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 8/30/2021 9:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Groom Supervisor jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Groom Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Groom Supervisor?
Full Time Job
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for an experienced Groom Supervisor to join our team! Following the Director and Art Director's edict, the Groom Supervisor is responsible for establishing the 'look' and surface qualities for characters, props and environments while overseeing the exploration of efficient and streamlined options needed to generate the desired visual style.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Under the guidance of the Director, CG Supervisor and Art Director, Groom Principal, the Groom Supervisor oversees the development of the project's visual style as well as the creation and application of all grooms, textures and materials.
• Collaborates with the lighting, surfacing and simulation teams to ensure techniques are being achieved and processes are followed.
• Collaborates with modeling, lighting, rigging and simulation teams to troubleshoot creative and technical issues.
• Collaborates with the CG, Lighting, and Simulation Supervisors to ensure all assets are groomed and surfaced in such a way to be able to achieve the intended performance requirements.
• Collaborates with the production management team to prioritize assignments pending production schedule. Liaises with all production departments as needed.
• Collaborates with CG Supervisor in order to manage render times required and final delivery.
• Guides all efforts to establish the project's standard of performance complexity. Supervises the grooming team to creatively and technically enhance all design and application.
• Quality checks that all elements are final, approved and ready for the simulation and lighting departments.
• Evaluates and assigns artists to groom characters, environments or props based on their strengths and level of expertise.
• Provides vision, feedback, motivation and encouragement to other team members.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s) in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Responsible for managing the workflow for the project. and fulfilling production schedule requirements on a weekly basis.
• Collaborates with Producer and HR on managing performance. Responsible for completing artists' performance reviews.
• Collaborate with other studio Supervisors and Groom Principal to further develop department best practices.
• Collaborates with the Principal to manage the workflow within the Groom Dept. in order to fulfill production schedule requirements on a weekly basis.
• Mentors and trains other artists to consistently strive towards excellence.
• Creatively adds input to achieve the project's set standard of performance complexity and creative/technical requirements.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe: that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualification and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience preferred.
• 10+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline and 2 + years with supervisor experience.
• Advanced level of proficient with Yeti, Shave and Haircut or Xgen is required.
• Outstanding ability to troubleshoot and fix technical problems.
• Scripting Knowledge is required.
• Outstanding experience in UV mapping and texture layout using Maya.
• Outstanding painting skills in Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Mari with a strong understanding of colour theory and application.
• Advanced level of proficiency using a variety of rendering tools including Red Shift, Renderman, Arnold, and Maya is required.
• Superior sense of design and a keen eye for detail.
• Outstanding verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director and Art Director.
• Ability to mentor and train. Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients.
• Outstanding ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and visually. Excellent interpersonal skills. Practices attentive and active listening.
• Excellent leadership skills, inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and excel in surfacing skills. Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
• Ability to liaise with production management to define and articulate production requirements. Ability to predict potential problems and troubleshoot as necessary.
• Highly motivated, proactive, solutions-oriented, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and delegate. Thorough knowledge of the production process and pipeline.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
• Responsible for managing the project's grooming requirements and ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
At Mainframe Studios, we're creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We've been doing this for 25+ years, and we're still going strong. We're lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We've partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we've established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.