Facial Rigging Artist
Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Company Name: Mainframe Studios | A Division of WOW! Unlimited Media
Job Title: Facial Rigging Artist
Wage Range: $28.85 - $43.27 / hr
Location of Work: Vancouver, BC
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Lead or Department Supervisor, on a CG animated project, the Facial Rigging Artist is responsible for providing facial shapes, rigging and weighting of characters.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Design, maintain, document and support cutting edge facial rigs and Python tools and scripts utilizing experience in modeling and facial animation.
• Builds facial shapes via illustrated designs, with an understanding of animator workflow and animation target expressions.
• Work with Animators and Production Technology in regards to rigging pipeline and character rig optimizations.
• Attends regular production and department meetings.
• Interprets and implements written notes and verbal feedback from the Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Meets or exceeds assignment deadlines set by working with Production and Rigging schedules.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
• Maintains contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and recent developments. Reads relevant journals and technical articles.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
• Advanced degree in Computing Science, Mathematics Physics or related disciplines is an asset.
• 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline is required.
• Working knowledge of mesh blendshape creation, weighting and facial rigging is required. Modelling experience is a valuable asset.
• Production knowledge of Maya, Python and MEL, with efficient use of procedural and object-oriented programming practices.
• Knowledge of CG TV and Feature Animation productions.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
• Basic artistic skills; demonstrable ability to make creative and aesthetic judgment calls.
• Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly, while also practicing attentive and active listening.
• Efficient and detail-oriented w/ strong problem solving skills.
• Highly motivated, proactive, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
• Adaptable to changes, altering course of action quickly per production needs, while making decisions in a timely manner and accepting accountability for own actions.
• Team-player, open to and encouraging feedback. Sharing techniques with team members.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
At Mainframe Studios, we're creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We've been doing this for 25+ years, and we're still going strong. We're lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We've partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we've established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online