Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 1/27/2021 4:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Asset Lighter jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Asset Lighter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Asset Lighter? WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Lighting Supervisor and/or Lead, on a CG animated film, the Asset Lighter is tasked with creating light rigs and templates for assets/sets that match concept art for other Lighting Artists to use.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Under the leadership of the Lighting Supervisor and/or Leads, the Asset Lighter creates light rigs and templates to match concept art for Lighting Artists to use.
• Supports the teams utilizing the created templates and helps troubleshoot any issues encountered.
• Creation of documentation and instructions for asset templates.
• Ability to work within the lighting and rendering pipeline and capable of troubleshooting common rendering and lighting technical issues.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor or Lead in a timely and quantitatively acceptable way.
• Collaborates with the Surfacing Team in achieving the desired look and establishing the production design complexity and lighting behavioural consistency as it pertains to characters, props and environments.
• Collaborates with Effects Artists to test efficacy of the special effects, modifying lighting as necessary.
• Delivers assignments per project's schedule.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe Studios: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience required.
• 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Ability to hone in on crafting a variety of lighting styles as necessitated by shot/sequences in a given project. Experience in photography is an asset.
• Strong understanding of principles of lighting (such as choice of light, placement of the light source, its direction and how to create the desired effect such as contrast and shadows).
• Ability to apply knowledge of digital 3D animation, special effects and lighting. A demonstrated understanding of compositing principles and compositing software such as Nuke.
• Knowledge of Katana and rendering software such as Redshift and/or Arnold. Ability to script is an asset.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the areas of rendering, lighting, shading and compositing.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and proactive. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on the issue at hand.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to deliver lighting assignments per agreed upon specs and schedule.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.