Animator - 3D
Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Company Name: Mainframe Studios | A Division of WOW! Unlimited Media
Job Title: Animator
Wage Range: $20.00 - $31.25 / hourly
Location of Work: Vancouver, BC
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for talented Animators to join our team! Under the guidance of the Supervisor, Leads and/or Principals, on a CG animated
project, the Animator creates animation that supports the overall creative vision for the story.
We have openings at all levels, and on multiple projects for Animation, including:
• Madagascar: A Little Wild
• Unannounced DreamWorks TV Series
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Under the leadership of the Supervisor and/or Leads, follows the established style of performance for the project.
• As requested, collaborates to create and determine unique traits for characters and/or objects to be animated.
• Delivers assignments per project schedules and set quotas.
• Works to ensure balance, composition and timing requirements are implemented in a way that supports story and character performance.
• Creatively enhances material in order to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s), Supervisors or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Demonstrated understanding of principles of animation.
• Working knowledge of anatomy, perspective and composition. Background in classical animation is preferred.
• Proficiency in using Maya is required.
• Strong aesthetic skills including staging and timing.
• Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to deliver work on time and fulfill production quota.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.
- Earliest Availability to Start Work
- Salary Expectations
- Eligibility to Work in Canada (Citizen/PR, or Work Permit details and requirements) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online