Mainframe StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 9:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Animation Lead jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Animation Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Animation Lead? WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for a Lead Animator! Under the guidance of the Director, Animation Director and Supervisor, on a CG animated film, the Lead Animator provides creative mentorship to the animation team by example.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Helps to define and implement the standards for the acting performance.
• Develops and defines animation styles and techniques which set the stage for outstanding performance and unique storytelling.
• Motivates, mentors and supports the team to consistently strive towards excellence.
• Oversees character consistency throughout or on assigned sequences, ensuring that key character and story moments are supported through performance.
• Works with the Supervisor and/or production management to cast animators to characters/sequences/shots that best suit their skill set.
• Collaborates with creative and technical staff to ensure animation feasibility within the confines of schedule and budget.
• Seeks creative options to maximize re-use when applicable.
• Provides vision, feedback, motivation and support to the team.
• Provides coaching, mentoring and training as necessary.
• Partners with production management and Animation Supervisor in tracking and providing support to artists to ensure the on-time delivery of high quality shots.
• Ensures that the animators are achieving balance, composition and timing requirements in a way that supports story and character performance.
• Guides animation team to creatively enhance material in order to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
• Interprets, implements, and facilitates notes and feedback from Director and Animation Supervisor in a timely and manner and of highest quality.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Experience in classical animation, stop motion or claymation.
• Advanced knowledge of principles of animation, anatomy, perspective and composition.
• Advanced acting skills that in turn set the standards for the project's character performance.
• Extensive knowledge of modeling, character rigging and facial animation.
• Advanced knowledge of software is required. Advanced knowledge of Maya animation tools.
• Strong storytelling skills along with expertise on how to enrich acting performance.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and/or demonstrate both verbally and visually.
• Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients as required.
• Ability to provide constructive feedback and inspire team to strive for excellence.
• Solid team leader, delegator and decision-maker.
• Adaptable and able to change course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solutions-oriented, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure.
• Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize duties in order to fulfill both personal quota and team quota requirements.
• Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively. Actively improves skill set to remain at cutting edge of industry trends.
• Ability to oversee and deliver the highest quality animation feasible within the production parameters and consistently meet departmental production quota requirements.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.