Paid Intern - Social Media & Graphic Design
Magnolia PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Magnolia Pictures and Magnet Releasing is looking for one intern to join its Marketing and Publicity team!
As an intern in the Los Angeles Office of Magnolia Pictures & Magnet Releasing, you will be working directly under the Social Media & Publicity Coordinator completing various graphic design, video editing, social media and publicity tasks. You will also be learning about social media marketing strategies, interactive advertising, online publicity and how to run a major national publicity campaign. Throughout the internship, you will have the opportunity to work directly on our upcoming titles as well as our extensive list of archive films.
This is a full time, paid internship that will teach a comprehensive understanding of the indie distribution world. No answering phones, making copies or fetching coffee. We do that for ourselves. We want you to enjoy your time here and learn! Candidates must be available to work 5 days a week in West Los Angeles.
Job duties will also include:
• Learning how to craft copy, create memes and select engaging media that maximizes user engagement on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram Tumblr, Pinterest, Google and other social media platforms?
• Supporting the VP of Publicity & Head of Interactive Marketing with research and other basic duties.
• The opportunity to work at various Hollywood red carpet movie premieres with film talent and high profile celebrity guests in attendance.
• Attending and helping to coordinate press days with members of the national media attending
• Please send resume, cover letter, and design portfolio.
• Must be skilled in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator with a strong understanding of text/image design concepts.
• Must be skilled with video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects).
• Must have a good handle on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram platforms.
• Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of organization and excellent communication skills.
About Magnolia Pictures
Boasting a library of over 500 titles, Magnolia Pictures is the theatrical and home entertainment distribution arm of the Wagner/Cuban Companies, a vertically-integrated group of media properties co-owned by Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban that also includes the Landmark Theatres chain and AXS TV. Recent releases include Raoul Peck and James Baldwin's Oscar-nominated I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO; LUCKY, John Carroll Lynch's directorial debut starring iconic character actor Harry Dean Stanton; 2017 Cannes Palme d'Or winner and Oscar-nominated THE SQUARE, Ruben Östlund's darkly humorous drama set against the backdrop of the international art world; Best Foreign Language Film Golden Globe winner IN THE FADE, Fatih Akin's riveting revenge drama starring Cannes Best Actress Award winner Diane Kruger; RBG, award-winning filmmakers Betsy West and Julie Cohen's documentary about the consequential life and legal legacy of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg; and THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ANDRE, Kate Novack's chronicle of the life and career of fashion icon Andre Leon Talley. Upcoming releases include SKATE KITCHEN, Crystal Moselle's dreamy and exuberant portrait of a suburban teenager whose life changes dramatically when she befriends a group of female skateboarders in New York; SUPPORT THE GIRLS, Andrew Bujalski's highly-anticipated new film starring Regina Hall; BAD REPUTATION, chronicling the life and career of rock icon Joan Jett; and 2018 Cannes Palme d'Or winner SHOPLIFTERS, from renowned Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-Eda.
Minimum wage plus overtime
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online