Paid Intern - International Sales
Magnolia Pictures InternationalNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
We are currently seeking an intern to assist us in the International Sales Department. The internship gives qualified candidates the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in all facets of a fast-paced, cutting edge independent film distribution company.
RESPONSIBILITIES (other tasks may be assigned)
- Monitoring our general inquiries email account
- Send preview screening links to clients when requested
- Maintains a central contact/client file with their screening activity via Airtable
- Prepares Mailchimp newsletters, accurate distribution lists for promotional mailings and meeting reach outs
- Manages the agenda of Head of International Sales and Manager of International Sales makes appointments and arranges meetings and conference calls as needed via Outlook/Mail
- Support Sales Coordinator with the creation and shipping of marketing materials for major film markets including Cannes, TIFF, AFM, MIPCOM, Busan
- Assisting Manager of International Sales with international festival submissions and delivery of materials to international festivals
- Compile research about foreign buyers, release information or films comps when needed
- Maintaining departmental information systems for festivals, distributors, and material delivery
- Administrative support including Expenses reports, Lineup Metadata organization
- Strong interest in the international business aspect of films and research
- Detail oriented, resourceful, motivated, professional?
- Proficient in PC / MAC (Word/Excel/Outlook)?
- Knowledge of foreign language or experience abroad at any level or degree is a plus, but not required
5 days per week (Monday to Friday) for a commitment of 6 months minimum.
Hours are 10:30AM- 5PM. *Note we are working from home currently; anticipate returning to office in Manhattan 2 days/week sometime in June/July 2022.
NYC minimum wage ($15/hr)
About MAGNOLIA PICTURES INTERNATIONAL
MAGNOLIA PICTURES INTERNATIONAL is the sales arm of Magnolia Pictures, overseeing a diverse catalog of more than 100 features from Magnolia Pictures and 2929 Productions. Over the years, Magnolia International has worked on the international distribution of many ground-breaking documentaries including RBG, ASSASSINS, SOME KIND OF HEAVEN, LO AND BEHOLD: REVERIES OF THE CONNECTED WORLD, HAIL SATAN?, THE WOLFPACK, and IRIS; critically-acclaimed narratives such as LUCKY, TANGERINE, LISTEN, GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, and TWO LOVERS; and genre films XX, THE EYES OF MY MOTHER, TROLLHUNTER, THE WIND and HONEYMOON. Our latest acquisitions are Udo Kier's SXSW comedy SWAN SONG, NY-based comedy QUEEN OF GLORY, South African Action-Thriller INDEMNITY, and ITALIAN STUDIES starring Vanessa Kirby.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online