Senior Production Accountant
Madison Square Garden CompanyBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/11/2020 9:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Production Accountant jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Production Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Production Accountant? MSG is looking for an experienced live-action senior production accountant, who is familiar with studio and location accounting, domestic and international tax-incentives, and visual effects. This role will be instrumental in providing accurate cost reporting, evaluating and budgeting for productions, and ensuring adherence to financial policies & procedures. The ideal candidate would demonstrate a thorough understanding of accounting for productions. This position will report to the Director of Production Finance and will partner closely with the Studios team, Producers and members of the finance team.They will be instrumental in estimating final costs, evaluating risks and opportunities and optimizing production entity structure to best monetize production incentives and minimize financial and legal risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be the functional expert, demonstrating ownership of all daily, weekly, monthly aspects of production accounting, including vendor payments, petty cash, time cards, purchase card reconciliation, and fielding accounting related requests from production teams to provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to both Producers and cross functional teams during the life cycle of production.
• Partner with the cross functional teams to create and manage production schedules and budgets and develop relationships with production and accounting team to provide excellent, consistent support.
• Collaborate with Producers to quickly estimate and evaluate production health against milestones and data metrics.
• Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions. Review production related expenses; identify potential areas for budgetary risk and opportunity for process implementation and/or improvement.
• Be the process owner of applying for, tracking, and managing tax incentive opportunities that are available.
• Ensure proper accounting of all costs, record keeping is accurate and well documented, vetting invoices against contracts and deliverables to provide appropriate audit controls in accordance with SOP-002, GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for POs, invoices, checks and time card approvals
• Work directly with payroll companies to track freelance labor costs
• Manage petty cash and controls for production
• Generate sophisticated Excel modeling exercises and executive level reports as needed: Cause of change/variance analysis such as Impact/sensitivity analysis; Dynamic forecasting; Cash flow analysis and Trend analysis
Qualifications and Skills:
• BS in finance or accounting preferred
• At least 5-7 years in a live action senior production accounting role
• Experience with Vista preferred, proficient with Movie Magic Budgeting and payroll providers
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment, as well as within a broader corporate matrix environment.
• Ability to work independently
• Advanced Excel skills
• Superior communication skills and exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with Film Commissions and Production Services companies to leverage production tax incentives
• Ability to travel on location or to corporate offices This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.