VP, Production Finance
Full Time Job
VP, Production Finance (SF or LA)
This position can be based in San Francisco or Los Angeles.
We are looking for a VP, Production Finance who reflects the production excellence and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The VP, Production Finance is responsible for setting strategy for and overseeing the day to day operations of Lucasfilm's production finance department, providing financial oversight and support throughout the life-cycle of all our productions, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational, tech and VFX concentrated television/long-form content. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of Live Action Television and Feature Film production, managing regional incentives, foreign regional production and management of accounting teams in the field. The VP, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environment with high levels of confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick analysis with a high level of accuracy.
• Ensures high quality production accounting teams are hired for projects
• Manages the day to day work of a production finance team
• Cultivates strong relationships and communicates frequently with production accounting team leaders to ensure costs are tracked appropriately, data is accurate and proper policies and procedures are being followed
• Consolidates all corporate and production deliverables for Disney including cost reports, unforeseen activity, senior management reports, production status, corporate reporting, etc.; ensure all deliverables are accurate and timely
• Oversees the management of the production funding processes on live action projects from end to end
• Acts as key liaison and communication conduit between corporate and production
• Partners closely with key stakeholders within Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company
• Oversees preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Oversees the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Directs preparation of the annual plan, long range plan and quarterly forecasts
• Continually evaluates policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Provides support to EVP, Physical Production on special projects, as required
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 12 years of production accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity
• Five plus years of experience in Television and/or Feature Film production accounting
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Windows, Excel, MS Word, Vista Classic, Global Vista, PSLOne required; SAP knowledge/skills helpful
• Diplomacy, discretion, versatility and reliability are critical
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Willingness to travel to project locations for budget, cost report review
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.