LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Lucasfilm is seeking an eager and energetic Technical Assistant to join the Advanced Development Group (ADG).
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can also be seen powering many ILMxLAB immersive experiences such as Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, LiveCGX at London Fashion Week, and Carne y Arena.
The Technical Assistant will work under the supervision of the ADG Engineering Team and will provide operational and technical support to the team. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, communicative, and passionate about working in a fast-paced creative and technical environment. Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Support the ADG team on a day-to-day basis
• Help maintain a supportive, friendly, and professional atmosphere
• Technically inclined and enjoy assisting others
• Provide general technical support on Windows and Microsoft programs
• Submit and track systems and facilities work requests related to software licenses, hardware management, and general IT support for the team
• Basic understanding of computer hardware such as video cards, memory and CPUs
• Assist with purchase requests of as needed technical items
• Maintain files, storage, and internal tracking tools including assisting with item inventories
• Ship and receive digital and physical packages between partners, third party vendors, and internal crew
• 0-2 years experience
• Basic understanding of computer hardware including video cards, memory, disk and CPU's
• Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Great problem-solving skills
• Bachelor's degree required, with technical or digital media coursework preferred
• An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
• Detailed oriented, highly organized self-starter, able to multi-task without supervision.
• A clear and concise communicator, written and verbal, with the ability to keep others informed.
• An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.