Business Affairs Intern, Lucasfilm Summer
LucasfilmAn Francisco, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Lucasfilm is among the world's leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
Founded by visionary filmmaker George Lucas in 1971, Lucasfilm was acquired in December 2012 by the Walt Disney Company, a leading diversified international entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive.
• Assist attorneys in the preparation of legal contracts and documents
• Route and track a variety of documents for internal review and approval
• Assist in review of clearance materials
• Legal research projects
• Maintain filing system
• Strong written and verbal skills required
• Proven ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects
• Must be a team player, but also able to work independently
• Demonstrate a high degree of discretion in regards to sensitive and/or confidential information.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio
• Successful completion of first year of law school and must currently be enrolled as a law student in an ABA accredited law school
• Completion of contracts coursework
• Completion of an entertainment, copyright and/or intellectual property class is preferred.
• Previous work experience in the entertainment industry, and basic knowledge of copyright law preferred.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship OR have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Internship Dates: May/June – August/September
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.