Full Time Job
We are looking for a collaborative Story Coordinator who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Story Coordinator is responsible for generating and overseeing Lucasfilm's Creative Development department's story materials, working closely with creative executives on storytelling across the department and on individual projects.
• Generate and maintain materials to visualize and track overall department narrative strategy across mediums.
• Organize and track creative materials and project documents across the department.
• Generate notes from story sessions on assigned projects.
• Manage heavy research needs for the department and collaborate with other departments at the company to create assigned materials.
• Prepare assigned department presentations.
• Track deadlines, specific research needs, and development of creative strategy.
• Read submitted material on behalf of department and provide coverage.
• Facilitate and generate discussions between executives throughout the department, flagging necessary overlaps, intersections, and opportunities between projects.
• 5 years experience working in the film or episodic series space
• Bachelor's Degree in Film, Literature, Writing, or related focus or have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
• Excellent creative and story sense.
• Proven ability to set and meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule.
• Very strong technical skills with both Mac and Windows programs including Charts, Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, and other presentation and tracking oriented programs.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in a writers room or other storytelling environment.
• Experience with storytelling through multiple mediums a plus.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.