Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for setting, driving and implementing the global ILM recruitment strategy. Partners with Director, HR to set strategy. Partners with Executives and Managers to understand marketing and bidding efforts and global capacity in order to align and adjust recruitment strategies as appropriate. Provides recommendations on distributing and shifting work across studios. Partners with Director, Talent Development on University Relations and Diversity and Inclusion strategies and programs. Leads and manages a team of recruitment professionals across the globe. This position requires an understanding of the Entertainment industry, high volume recruiting, various artistic vfx/animation disciplines, and the production environment. Understands each ILM studios unique geographical culture in order to cultivate an environment of trust and collaboration across various studios and efficiently and effectively meet studio needs.
• Through the understanding of the global ILM studio(s) goals and business strategy, is responsible for setting and driving the global recruitment strategy.
• Partners with ILM Executives to understand ongoing marketing and bidding efforts and awards in each geography to inform recruitment strategy and planning.
• Partners closely with Technology Executives to translate business strategy into talent acquisition strategy. Partners with Technology Producer on overall hiring plan, headcount and budget.
• Partners with Managers to understand the ever-changing capacity landscape in order to align and adjust recruitment strategies and make recommendations on distributing and shifting work across studios.
• Partners with Director, Talent Development on University Relations strategies to plan and execute talent acquisition plans for internship and apprenticeship programs. Travels to Universities and Colleges globally.
• Responsible for planning and implementing ILM's recruitment presence at conferences, trade shows, and various recruitment events. Evangelizes ILM's brand and evolving capabilities to attract up and coming and top-notch talent.
• In partnership with Disney and Lucasfilm, responsible for driving social media campaigns and presence. Ensures consistent representation and messaging of ILM brand.
• In partnership with the Director, Talent Development plans and participates in diversity and inclusion initiatives. Partners with Disney counterparts to understand new initiatives and programs. Communicates and supports importance of initiatives to team.
• Understand market and talent realities in each geography in order to inform approaches to finding, attracting and acquiring the best talent.
• Responsible for managing talent acquisition portion of ATS/CRM implementation and ongoing tool enhancements.
• Provides leadership to and management of global team of recruiting professionals. Mentors and develops team.
• Determines and adjusts recruitment requisition load across all studios to ensure that the most urgent jobs are being filled and that all studios have balanced recruitment support.
• Source and identify candidates for roles via online advertising, networking and passive methods
• Screen, interview and recommend the best candidates for positions
• Manage relationships across various client groups, understanding needs and timing.
• Ensure high quality procedures are in place, which are in line with company policy governing recruitment and selection.
• Support the further development and implementation recruitment methods in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to the position and company needs.
• Travel both domestically and internationally, as needed, on an ongoing basis
• Ability to adjust work schedule in order to work within several time zones.
• Perform special projects as requested
• 8 years experience in recruitment specializing in the VFX, animation and/or games industry
• At least 2 years previous experience leading and managing a team of recruitment professionals
• Experience working in or managing a global team in various time zones
• Experience developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies, preferably in a high-volume environment
• Experience participating in and promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Experience creating original sourcing/recruiting strategies as well as have the ability to effectively communicate sourcing/recruiting plans to all levels of clients within the organization
• Focus on ensuring that the recruiting team is providing ILM's standard of quality service for clients and candidates throughout the process
• Experience coaching and developing team capabilities and leading through vision and values
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with leaders and peers within the organization both within and across geographical markets
• Ability to be flexible, adjust approach and contribute positively in a high-energy, changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external partnerships
• Extensive sourcing capabilities leveraging modern internet tools and professional networking media
• Excellent presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven organization ability and follow-through
• Sophisticated computer skills (Internet research/recruiting, ATS/CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
• Familiarity with mobile technology recruitment
• Experience with Jobvite, Kenexa or an equivalent ATS and HRMS
• Ability to travel domestically and globally on a regular basis
• Ability to work within various time zone and adjust schedule as appropriate
• Ability to work overtime
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company, Ltd Payroll Services, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company, Ltd Payroll Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.