Pipeline Technical Director
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2022 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Pipeline Technical Director jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Pipeline Technical Director postings
Full Time Job
The Pipeline TD is responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the CG pipeline in a fast-paced, feature film visual effects production environment. The primary focus is ensuring artist efficiency. The Pipeline TD receives day-to-day direction and priorities from ILM's show CG Supervisor; reports to R&D supervisor for technical and career guidance.
• Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency as directed by show and technical supervisors. Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
• Provide front-line production support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets and shots, and help artists with general problem-solving. Monitor email requests, package up problems and redirect to appropriate engineering team.
• Test and validate tools and techniques in production. Work closely with engineering teams in testing, and releasing new and modified software systems.
• Act as an on-call resource for show production staff.
• Collaborate effectively with artists, production supervisors, and technical staff across ILM studios in San Francisco, Vancouver, Singapore, London and Sydney.
• When not crewed to shows, serve on software teams working on projects that improve the efficiency of asset setup, caching, and shot-data handoff between artists across the entire pipeline.
• Take direction from show supervisors to determine day-to-day and hour-to-hour priorities.
• Work primarily on tools of moderate complexity, requiring general understanding of the larger pipeline.
• Provide front-line support and gather information about artist problems and obstacles; resolve complex user errors; connect artists with deeper problems to appropriate technical support.
• Develop broad knowledge of software, systems, and standards and conventions used in production.
• Update documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining tools for use in computer graphics.
• At least 2 years production experience in visual effects for film, commercials or television
• Proficiency in Linux
• Strong Python scripting required
• Experience in one or more of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Mari, Katana, RenderMan or similar.
• Ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues.
• Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient trouble shooter.
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing
• Experience with production database systems
• Experience with C, C++
• Experience with Windows development and applications such as 3ds max a plus.