Physical Assets Coordinator
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2021 1:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Physical Assets Coordinator jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Physical Assets Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Physical Assets Coordinator? Job Summary:
We are looking for a Physical Assets Coordinator who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm. We are seeking a motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual to assist in upholding the Lucasfilm physical asset management policies and procedures as well as supporting the efficient running of the Lucasfilm Physical Assets department.
Reporting to the Physical Assets Manager, the Physical Assets Coordinator will perform key administrative duties, facilitate asset tracking for productions, coordinate archival efforts of physical assets, and assist with logistics for promotional partner commercial shoots and other specialty events.
• Assists with the production financial tracking of physical assets for feature film and DTC series using studio software
• Organizes the shipment and storage of feature film and DTC series assets at wrap, for exhibition and archival purposes
• Coordinates the use of Lucasfilm production costumes and props for Lucasfilm, Disney, Licensee and Lucasfilm promotional partner events, as well as live action and still photography shoots
• Supports commercial and still photography shoots as well as events, ensuring that all physical assets are cared for and retained according to company policy
• Tracks outgoing loans and prepares related documents; ensuring that all props and costume loans are managed according to Lucasfilm policies and procedures
• Fulfills asset research queries and material requests for internal departments
• Facilitates departmental travel and supply purchases with expense reporting, as needed
• You probably have 3 years or more years of experience coordinating the use of live-action physical production assets
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Communications or Finance or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• High level of integrity in handling proprietary and confidential information; promotes confidence with other employees in handling of sensitive data
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds
• Ability to work calmly, professionally, and collaboratively, under pressure, and with a variety of teams, including the Lucasfilm team, Disney teams, production companies, performers, and members of the Star Wars fan community
• Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment
• Self-starter, with a can-do, solution-oriented mindset
• Must have a valid passport and driver's license and be willing to travel
• Knowledge of archival practices and physical object handling preferred
• Experience with Zendesk, Sync on Set and other customer management software preferred
• Knowledge of Star Wars costumes, characters, creatures, and vehicles useful, but not required
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.