Manager, Physical Production
LucasfilmIver Heath, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2020 7:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Physical Production jobs in Iver Heath-UK
Search all Manager, Physical Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Physical Production? Job Summary:
The Manager, Physical Production is responsible for managing the studio's relationship with show production Coordinators and Supervisors as well as internal department heads, while ensuring that Lucasfilm's slate of feature films and streaming content are compliant with all required policies and procedures.
• Work with Creative, Finance, Legal, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows and maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible.
• Provide Lucasfilm leadership to film project/show coordinators, defining and providing clarity on their day-to-day responsibilities, ensuring policy consistency between shows.
• Manage the updating of feature guidelines on an on-going basis, including new SVOD policies.
• Manage film project meetings with studio departments and filmmakers with emphasis on keeping current policies consistent across shows.
• Manage Production insurance coverage process in partnership with production teams and studio risk managers. Confirm all cast log data on productions.
• Work directly with productions and studio legal teams to ensure cast and crew compliance with travel and health policies.
• Prepare script analyses, providing breakdown of sets, cast, and locations.
• Approve and track document access for production and studio members.
• Guide and influence crew and supervisors on films, to ensure compliance of all feature Production policies and procedures, checking in with them on a weekly basis.
• Utilize existing and new relationships with other departments to coordinate resolution of Production issues quickly and efficiently.
• Manage office space availability at the studio and on location for research and development phases of new films and/or streaming content.
• Cultivate relationships with film commission/scouts and keep information current for location-wide use.
• Oversee and manage relationships between studio departments and productions as it relates to Compliance training.
• Perform ad hoc/special projects for production executives as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in film, art, theatre, communications or related field or equivalent, or commensurate level of experience.
• Experience within a film Production environment desirable.
• Must be able to efficiently juggle multiple projects, establish priorities, and thrive within a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are required.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.