Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/10/2021 5:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis? Job Summary:
We are looking for a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
This role is primarily focused on annual consolidated planning and forecasting cycles and reporting. The FP&A Manager interacts with and supports Executive Management and Disney counterparts in various different capacities.
• Manage annual planning and 8 forecasting cycles, including consolidation, analysis, and delivery of financial information
• Prepare quarterly management reporting and annual financial presentations for an executive audience
• Oversee 3rd party Distribution forecasting and reporting processes
• Coordinate submission of consolidated financial deliverables, including overhead
• Collaborate with Finance business partners across the Company for all budget-related issues and ad-hoc requests
• Manage inputs and outputs of various allocations processes, including Lucasfilm Corporate, incentive compensation, and facilities charges
• Develop strong working relationships with Disney counterparts across various segments to provide and exchange financial information
• Collaborate with Finance and HR business partners to prepare consolidated headcount reporting
• Support the long-range planning processes, including presentation preparation
• Participate in accounting activities, including researching variances and invoice and journal entry review
• Prepare various analysis and summary reports to support Senior Leadership decision-making
• Oversee administrative aspects of planning and reporting, including calendar and checklist maintenance
• Coordinate TM-1 Planning software administration
• Identify and support efforts for process efficiencies and report redesign
• Manage and mentor staff of two
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed
• 7 years in finance or accounting with 5 years of financial analysis experience and a BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/ or CPA designations are a plus.
• Deep understanding and hands on experience of accounting, forecasting, planning,and solid understanding of full financial statements and modeling.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, involving complex issues in a fast-paced, unpredictable and often ambiguous environment
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with little general instruction.
• Proven time management and multi-task management capabilities.
• Expert proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google G-Suite applications; experience with TM1 & SAP preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to diplomatically interact and develop solid working relationships with management, staff, and divisional peers.
• Corporate-level experience a plus
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.