LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2022 3:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Junior Colorist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Junior Colorist postings
Full Time Job
Junior Colorist (PH)
We are looking for a Junior Colorist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Junior Colorist works closely with Creative, Color and Post teams – supporting the color and display systems and rooms that enable creative leads to perform productively during color timing and review sessions. The role helps set ''looks'' and applies creative notes, maintaining outstanding levels of oversight of the manufactured deliverables within the color pipeline and works with fellow technical and post staff to pass off assets for final mastering.
What you'll do:
• Setup room and assist in client supervised color sessions, provide support as directed by key creatives, Colorist and post production staff.
• Set and help design creative ''looks'' and applying color notes across shots and episodes.
• Importing shots, maintain timelines and drive lighting dailies sessions.
• Color tracing, linking elements, parsing media and rendering various file formats.
• Send out daily communication to Colorist and Post teams on the status of projects, sessions, and equipment.
• Prepping for and assisting in Quality Control reviews.
• Create and maintain up to date technical and procedural specs sheets for color suite.
• Collaborate on DaVinci Resolve platform, panel and storage maintenance with engineering and post teams.
• Working with technical and post managers on media management and archiving assets. ?
What you'll need:
• BA/BS in the applicable field preferred.
• 2-4 years of professional work experience in post production required.
• Being able to handle basic/small 2D shot fixes in Fusion/DaVinci Resolve.
• Must have comprehension of studio security standards, guidelines, and practices, and the ability to maintain the highest levels of discretion as it relates to unreleased client content
• Must possess very strong organizational, project management, communication skills to multi-task and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while displaying the highest level of professionalism, work ethic and can work with and adapt to multiple and diverse creative personalities and work styles.
• Poses good understanding of HD, UHD, DCI and HDR workflows and are able to troubleshoot and think outside the box when faced with technical difficulties.
• Previous post finishing experience a plus.
• High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
• Basic proficiency with Windows, Mac and UNIX operating systems.
• This position may require some weekend work as well as the ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
• This position requires on-site attendance for in-person sessions and reviews.