LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
HR Specialist (Project)
We are looking for an HR Specialist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for administrative human resources related activity in support of Lucasfilm and will be the liaison between Lucasfilm and Disney HR COE teams. This will include, but is not limited to, on-boarding and off-boarding activities, orientations, preparing HR documents for SAP processing, report generation, auditing HR data for accuracy in SAP and local production tools, training employees on time entry, assisting employees to connect with the right resources for assistance, working on local HR programs and services. This role will perform other HR generalist related work as assigned.
• On-Boarding and Off-Boarding Activities
• Input on-boarding information into Disney and Lucasfilm systems.
• Ensure on-boarding position assignment is accurate and data syncing between Disney and Lucasfilm is functioning as expected.
• Facilitate new hire orientation and security training.
• Intake, complete and submit new hire paperwork to Disney COE team for completion of on-boarding process.
• Calendar benefits orientation webinars for new hires.
• Sending email to new hires providing links and information to the Lucasfilm and Disney internal websites.
• Provide information regarding time entry system and training.
• Input off-boarding information into Disney and Lucasfilm systems.
• Coordinate off-boarding time entry with exiting employee for final checks.
• Prepare exit documents.
• Meet with exiting employee. Collect company property.
• Prepare HR Documents, Generate Reports, Auditing
• Review time entry weekly, contact employees that have not submitted time.
• Facilitation of data change requests to Disney Organization Management and HR Operations COE teams (change examples: cost centers, reporting managers, titles, pay, bonuses, employee transfers, conversions, status and/or hour changes, and corrective actions).
• Maintain SAP position inventory for production groups. Audit to ensure all production titles are available for recruitment needs.
• Generation of weekly and ad hoc reports as requested.
• Request non-employee positions and submit non-employee data sheet to Global HR Ops team in order to active worker in Disney systems.
• Add and remove non-employees and Disney on-site employees to Lucasfilm systems as requested and through audits.
• Perform regular audits to ensure HR systems and Lucasfilm systems have complete and accurate data.
• HR Administration
• First responder to employee questions. Guide employees to the correct resources. Handle escalation of issues as needed.
• Key contact for HR Business Partners and managers for issue resolution.
• Track issues and follow-up with Lucasfilm and Disney contacts through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders.
• Provide historical HR and payroll data, on approved template, for employee job verification requests when third-party vendor cannot provide.
• Point of contact for Worker's Compensation claims. Meet with employee to intake information, provide WC medical facility information, and submit WC paperwork to vendor. Follow up with employee throughout the process. Keep HR BP, Manager, and Employee Relations (when needed) on status through to case closure.
• Maintain online personnel files.
• Process invoices for HR vendors.
• Maintain SOP documentation on job duties.
• Back up to other HR team members.
• HR Programs & Services
• Assist in the coordination of Lucasfilm specific programs, such as onsite banking, wellness events, onsite childcare, flu shots, special discount programs, etc.
• Assist Disney Benefits with onsite events such as Wellness Fair, biometric screenings, educational campaigns, commuter assistance.
• Track service dates and assist PR with logistics for annual service awards.
• Positive / service oriented attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail / well organized
• Proactive / excellent follow through
• Presentation skills / poise
• Maturity / discretion in handling sensitive/confidential information and issues
• Ability to work well independently and with a team
• B.A. in HR-related field or Relevant Experience
• 1-2 years' experience in HR coordination role
• Experience working in a fast paced production environment a plus
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience with G Suite a plus
• Report writing experience a plus
• SAP experience a plus
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.