HR Business Partner
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Business Partner jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all HR Business Partner postings
Full Time Job
Are you someone who likes … shaping the employee experience; helping business leaders reach their goals; providing support that allows talent to grow in their careers? The HR Business Partner is the initial point of contact for the incredible professionals at Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), and will be the conduit between Human Resources and Business Leaders. This position partners with and reports to the Manager, HRBP and will assist with a variety of client groups within ILM.
If you have proven experience as a HR Business Partner who thrives in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment, while helping deliver HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals, you've arrived at the right place.
Partnership, Business Savvy & Project Management are key words for the HR Business Partner.? On any given day, you might:
• Partner with the HRBP community and leadership to drive strategic initiatives of the assigned client group at Lucasfilm and ILM; help project manage and execute HR programming
• Develop, maintain, and demonstrate working knowledge of the business and takes a consultative approach with clients, anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities.
• Consult to clients by partnering on?moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents, and initiatives engaging appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as required.
• Partner with Employee Relations (ER) COE, conducting ER investigations, preparing documentation, and coaching employees.
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Advise on effective headcount/resource management and engaging recruitment to ensure talent acquisition is effectively managed.
• Coach management and employees and consult on organizational design, change management, and culture - especially as relates to a hybrid work environment
• Influence clients to take a near and long-term view on engaging in key talent processes including talent review, succession planning, leadership development, and talent assessment.
• Create clear and compelling job descriptions with Clients and Recruitment accurately capturing the scope of responsibilities and skills and experience required in order to attract and retain key talent.
• Work closely with the Manager-HRBP, Managers, and Employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Act as an onsite HR liaison/ambassador between employees and their respective HRBP teams for all those who work on the Letterman Digital Arts Center (LDAC) campus and report up through other segments (DCPI, Corporate, etc.).
• Create presentations, org charts, and reports, for Head of HR and Manager, HRBP, as requested.
• Encourage the integrated salary planning process by effectively working with management and Compensation to ensure timely and accurate planning and execution.
• Partner with Learning Development team to co-facilitate key employee learning opportunities, as needed.
• Participate as an active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and assisting other?HR initiatives and projects as required.
• Partner with clients and HR Operations team on immigration, leaves of absence, work accommodations,etc.
• Assists with employee communications (both through design and providing input), as required.
• Partner with Senior Manager, HRBP to implement and monitor the success of key Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
• Participate in special projects at both the HRBP team and client level.
• Minimum of 4 years human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles assisting a diversity of functional groups including executive level employees.
• Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
• Excellent consulting and conflict management skills.
• Experience working with senior executives in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Experience, exposure, and comfort with a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and compensation.
• Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• Advanced level skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Experience with Google products (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Forms) a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions.
• Strong organizational, motivational, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with grace and efficiency.
• Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed co-leadership environment.
• Working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
• Experience directly assisting clients in an HRBP capacity.
• Experience assisting Media or Production environments.
• SAP experience.
• Project management experience.
• Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.