LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant - Expression Of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an executive assistant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm. This person is responsible for creating and ensuring a friendly and professional atmosphere in the Office of the EP across multiple shows; supporting Executives, Producers, and the Production Managers across multiple projects. This person must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, proactive, resourceful, and possess great interpersonal skills.
Reliability, flexibility, efficiency, and forward-thinking capability are key attributes for success in this role.
Day to Day
• Support the EP through multiple stages of both animation and live action production, including during prep, shoot, and post. Communicate across all departments/shows to keep the EP apprised on relevant updates and urgent needs.
• Brief EP on daily agenda and outstanding items, and prioritize urgent needs/special requests. Assist/Communicate with Production Staff in adjusting production schedule based on EP needs/availability.
• Act as a conduit between the EP's Office and Outside Talent.
• Create, update, and proactively maintain inward-facing production documents pertaining to EP's schedule and communicate with Production Staff about necessary adjustments to production schedule.
• Anticipate and prioritize workflows for the EP's various creative roles. Facilitate remote reviews while traveling with EP, and provide thorough notes and instructions back to the Production(s).
• Route urgent media/PR requests/designs/etc for time-sensitive approval
• Track items related to projects in development; File sketches for future reference/use by Shows and LVP. Photocopy, scan, and email sensitive documents and concept art via secure methods.
• Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences, including Fan Mail and complex international shipments.
• Responsible for all expenses made by the Office of the EP; Regular tracking and creating expense reports in Concur.
• Heavy Calendaring in Google Suite. Assist in all aspects of preparation for meetings (identifying attendee avails, securing conference rooms, arranging technical support, catering, etc.).
• Book and prepare complex travel itineraries (Flight, lodging, transportation, meeting agendas, etc) for local, domestic, and international travel in a timely, efficient manner AND communicating in a timely and efficient manner to EP
Externally facing duties
• Work with all departments to prep media for conventions and special events, including Post-Production, PR, and Third-Party Convention Production teams.
• Provide onsite support/handling at conventions and special events; Fan and talent relations.
• Provide on-site tours of LDAC and Ranch to talent, executives, vendors, and other special guests as needed and requested by EP
• Provide additional support and participate in special projects as needed
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills.
• Ability to work with and be sensitive to confidential information.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written. Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
• Experience working in fast-paced production environments with the ability to adapt and be flexible
• Ability to take initiative, be self-directed and work with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively across multiple productions
• Strong proficiency with SAP, Mac and PC systems as well as Google Mail/Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Keynote, and Photoshop
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.