Executive Assistant - Publicity & Communications
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Executive Assistant provides administrative assistance to the VP, Publicity & Communications at Lucasfilm. The EA is on the front line for public relations and at the center of the PR department. In this position, the EA must be very personable, organized, tech-savvy, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Organized, Efficient & Mindful are keywords for the Executive Assistant. On any given day, you might:
• Facilitate daily workflow of VP, Publicity & Communications by maintaining calendar, scheduling meetings, handling travel, on-sight meeting logistics, etc.
• Process expense reports for three members of the team
• Handle all phone calls and written requests from the public
• Handle time-sensitive outreach and charity requests
• Spearhead Lucasfilm business screenings
• Keep the department running smoothly by answering phones for the department, maintaining accurate databases of phone calls/public relations contacts/interview requests/event guest lists/mailing lists, ordering supplies, mailing and shipping, etc.
• Assist project coordinators and publicists with special projects
• Handle press requests from Lucasfilm's website
• Assist in handling daily news reports and monitoring news breaks
• Process invoices and purchase orders for the PR department
• Respond to fan emails and ships gift packages
• Maintain department mail room and swag closet
• Meet and greet visitors and gives tours, including VIP visits
• Assist in managing the overall department project calendar, monitoring progress and status of projects and update department project calendar on a regular basis
• Assist in the coordination of major press events including press junkets, EPK and DVD special feature shoots, client visits and other major events
• Maintain subscriptions for trade, industry, and other relevant publications
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• 3 years' of experience providing administrative support or as coordinator within the entertainment industry
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Ability to handle many tasks efficiently with a high level of detail and accuracy within a fast-paced, multi-project, tight deadline environment
• Must be proficient with the following software; MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Keynote and PowerPoint
• Adobe Photoshop, Concur, and FileMaker Pro a plus
• Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships
• Must be customer-focused, innovative, solution-oriented and efficient
• Must keep a positive attitude and work well under pressure
• Ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to communicate with all levels throughout the organization
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the public, including fans, press, VIP talent and representation
• Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
• Ability to type 40 WPM
• Role requires ability to do overtime work
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.